EVENTS AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS SPECIALIST
- Manage all facets of Kinship Partners fundraising events, including event steering committees, registration, event marketing, sponsorship sales, budget tracking, volunteer participation, donations of goods and social media marketing
- Evaluate new fundraising event opportunities
- Advise the Executive Director on new event ideas to increase funding of Kinship Partners
- Create and adhere to calendar and publication time tables
- Communicate with timely reports as events proceed from conception to post-event evaluations/recommendations
- Maintain audio/video/photo library of events
- Keep accurate event registration records and contact lists
- Able to “cold call” and meet with businesses, civic groups and individual to build support throughout Kinship Partners service area and solicit sponsorships or collaboration for the various events
- Plan and coordinates annual events and works with local advisory boards and program coordinators to create and implement events in satellite communities
- Manage social media accounts and work with Executive Director to implement social media marketing strategy
- Participate in Chamber of Commerce events
- Assist with promoting the organization through a variety of means, including public speaking
- Assist Kinship program staff with annual Coats for Kids campaign.
- Assist with various committees/projects
- Support Executive Director
Minimum associate’s degree; bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field is desired. Strong communication and organizational skills, as well as comfort with sales, is required. Must have an outgoing personality and be adept at building positive professional relationships.
Part-time position, 32 hours per week. Flexible Schedule. Some evenings and weekends required.
Email resume to: Amy Gray, Executive Director
Position open until filled
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18 – $21 per hour
Email resume, cover letter and three references to Executive Director Amy Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.